rrset-order code

Alan Clegg alan at clegg.com
Tue Aug 20 20:21:17 UTC 2013

On Aug 20, 2013, at 3:13 PM, Nidal Shater <ngiw2012 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> we know in bind that we use rrset-order{ order random;}//where is the piece of code that implement the random function in BIND9
> so i can edit it to reach my goal>

Even if you force BIND to return an RRSET in a given order (look for the code that is enabled with the compile time option "--with-fixed-rrset" to see how fixed responses are provided), you still have to make the default in every recursive nameserver to NOT randomize the response.

ie, it ain't gonna work like you want it to on the Internet

AlanC
Alan Clegg | +1-919-355-8851 | alan at clegg.com