Reinstall after modifying

Jan-Piet Mens jpmens.dns at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 18:18:36 UTC 2013

> how can I install bind as a named server after I have made my
> modification to it's source code without using "yum"

First you ./configure, specifying the options you want to use; pay
particular attention to installation paths. (The best way to determine
how your existing BIND was configured is to locate a SRC RPM file and
look at its .spec file and patches.)

Then you `make'. If all goes well, you either `make install', in which
case the files and programs are copied to the paths you specified in the
first step, or if you just want to test `named', you can run
`bin/named/named' from the top-level directory of the source
distribution.

        -JP