which end does the problem exist?

Lawrence K. Chen, P.Eng. lkchen at ksu.edu
Thu Dec 19 21:17:13 UTC 2013

On 2013-12-19 14:54, /dev/rob0 wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 02:48:59PM -0600,
>    Lawrence K. Chen, P.Eng. wrote:
>> Got reports that users are unable to send mail to usda.gov
>> sites using our campus SMTP server (where we have usda.gov
>> sites on campus.)
>>
>> The users have said they were able to send using other servers
>> like Google and Microsoft.
>>
>> When I look at my system, its unable to resolve the domain name.
>
> Dec 19 14:51:43 chestnut named[11604]: validating @0x7f17880be380:
> usda.gov DNSKEY: no valid signature found (DS)
>
> DNSSEC failure on their end.

I had checked my dnssec.log, but nothing for usda.gov in it...but now that I
look closer, the file hasn't updated since Jan 29th....seems somebody changed
the resolv.conf on my smtp servers...so I've been looking at the wrong
caching servers.

Guess this latest problem with usda.gov started around 10:16 CST...though
there are errors logged going back to Nov 19 (the first log line is Nov 17
00:16, and the 10M file before has nothing for usda.gov, from Nov 14
18:46...wonder if I dare keep more dnssec logs)

--
Who: Lawrence K. Chen, P.Eng. - W0LKC - Sr. Unix Systems Administrator
For: Enterprise Server Technologies (EST) -- & SafeZone Ally