Adding DS records

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Fri Dec 20 18:20:00 UTC 2013

FYI:  web.com recently bought NetSol and at least one other Registrar that escapes me at the moment.   It might be worthwhile to see if any of their companies do this as you might have an easier time transferring and avoid some of the common games Registrars play to prevent it.

I heartily recommend that you NOT go to GoDaddy.    Once they have your domain they play all sorts of games to keep it.

On that subject.  If you DO decided to transfer domains from one registrar to another be sure to do the following at the old Registrar BEFORE requesting the transfer at the new one:
1)  Turn off domain lock - most Registrars have this enabled by default now.
2)   Turn off private registration if enabled.
3)   Insure the administrative contact email is one you can send email to them from and can receive emails from them.
4)   Obtain the transfer authorization code.   Most Registrar web sites have "transfer" buttons that are easy to find but these are for transferring domains TO them rather than AWAY.  Usually you have to do some research on their sites to find how to generate the code.

Jeffrey C. Lightner
Sr. UNIX Administrator

DS Waters of America, Inc.
5660 New Northside Drive NW