Unable to transfer IPv4 reverse zone

Daniel Lintott daniel at serverb.co.uk
Fri Dec 20 22:07:51 UTC 2013

On 20/12/13 21:59, Cathy Almond wrote:
> It might be a silly question - but have you checked how many instances
> of named you have running on the master (thinking that you might not be
> 'talking to' the one you think you are)?

There appears to only be one instance, from what I can see

[root at server1 ~]# ps aux | grep named
named    29523  0.0  0.9  43536  9608 ?        Ss   22:01   0:00
/usr/local/sbin/named -u named

I'm completely out of ideas on this one now, as I've tried the config on
another machine and it worked fine... Something very odd appears to be
going on!

Daniel