bad owner name - Unable to add forward map from Nintendo Wii U ... REFUSED

Niall O'Reilly niall.oreilly at ucd.ie
Fri Dec 27 11:49:54 UTC 2013

> On 27 Dec 2013, at 06:07, "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dec 26 20:55:43 nirvana dhcpd: Unable to add forward map from Nintendo Wii
> U.3111skyline.com to 192.168.6.148: REFUSED

IIUC, your DHCP server seems to be handling the DDNS transaction.
If you can set the configuration of this server, I expect you're in a
position to determine what owner name is passed to the DNS server,
and that this approach might be what you need.

This thread probably belongs better on the dhcp-users list ...

Niall O'Reilly