DNS with several ip adessess

Måns Hagström limonolia at me.com
Mon Dec 30 09:27:20 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm running the same DNS for both my local and global adress-spaces. That is, when I'm on my local net, I want the DNS to reply with my
local 192.168.0.1-address, and when users from the 'outside' global net queries my DNS, it shall return the global xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ip-address.

My problem is that I have to allocate both the local and the global address to the same domain-name, giving the result that both my local and global
ip-address are exposed for the users. Is it possible to isolate the query so that the local users get the local ip-address and the global gets the global ip-address for the same domain-name?

I'm running BIND 9.9.2

BR
Mons