high volume from outside our networks question

John Wobus jw354 at cornell.edu
Fri Feb 1 18:42:35 UTC 2013

> You can create 2 views "authorised" and "everyone else" which both
> reference the same domain zone files so you dont need to duplicate the
> zones.

On a secondary, the zone files in different views, even if identical,
need to be
distinct.

Also, if you're allowing dynamical updating and the views need to
serve identical
versions of the zone, then you need to arrange things so the zone is
in just one
view.

The master of a zone with no dynamical updating could reference the
same zone
file from multiple views but that is about the only case that it would
work.

John Wobus
Cornell University