chroot/etc/named/ directory?

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Feb 13 21:09:24 UTC 2013

On 02/13/2013 03:40 PM, Mike Hoskins (michoski) wrote:
> [...]

So not SOOO bad, just Badenough (said the Moose to Rocky).

> Of course RHEL/CentOS make it somewhat hard to know what "9.8.2" means
> without reading change logs.  They tend to select stable software versions
> at release time, then backport fixes with their own version numbering.  So
> "Red Hat's 9.8.2" likely has fixes for a lot of the "ISC 9.8.2"
> issues...but you might want to confirm vs assume that.

There is that. Just a check shows that #49 is fixed in what I have
installed:

https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2012-1268.html

And #50:

https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2012-1363.html

So I would ASSuME that I can work with keeping my install current and
will stay on top of things. At least for a while.

And getting back to the start of this thread, until something shows up,
I will just ignore that ~/etc/named/ directory....

thanks