BIND does not answer

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Thu Feb 14 11:20:49 UTC 2013

Christian Tardif <christian.tardif at servinfo.ca> wrote:

> Back to a DNS problem, I  came back to this thread. If I do a "dig +norec", I
> still don't get the final answer but then, I get a whole bunch of information
> (the NS records for the requested zone, and the A records relativey to these
> NS records)

That means the local name server is giving you a referral: it is telling
you where to get the answer from, which isn't the local name server.

Tony.
Forties, Cromarty: East, veering southeast, 4 or 5, occasionally 6 at first.
Rough, becoming slight or moderate. Showers, rain at first. Moderate or good,
occasionally poor at first.