[SOLVED] dns_journal_write_transaction on managed-keys-zone

Thomas Leuxner tlx at leuxner.net
Fri Feb 15 13:07:39 UTC 2013

* Thomas Leuxner <tlx at leuxner.net> 2013.02.11 21:13:

> * Evan Hunt <each at isc.org> 2013.02.11 20:30:
>
> > I haven't seen this problem before.  Can you share the rest of
> > your configuration with me?  You can open a ticket by mailing
> > bind9-bugs at isc.org.
>
> Config sent.
>
> Regards
> Thomas

Finally found the root of this issue. While the named has been stopped and started multiple times during investigation it appears a zombie 'named' process has been left running. The init script seems not have noticed this process and started without errors all the time, hence I did not notice this state. Eventually this created the problem when two instances wanted to write to the same log file and produced the errors. Sorry for the noise, but I was under the impression that the start/stop scripts 'sanitize' the environment good enough.

I can confirm that both views and the RRLP work fine now.

Cross-Posted to actual Bug Report.

Regards
Thomas