rndc.key

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Feb 15 18:01:57 UTC 2013

I am now running without chroot and relying on selinux for protection.
I created a /etc/named.d/ directory for all my many includes in
named.conf which I know I have to keep in /etc/

My rndc.key is in /etc/named.d/ and is an include in my named.conf. When
I first started bind, it reported that it was creating rndc.key and now
I find /etc/rndc.key.  rndc is working, that is it returns results from
commands like 'rndc status'.

What is going on here?  Which rndc.key is being used?

thank you.