IPv6 prefixes in ACLs

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Sun Feb 17 03:19:29 UTC 2013

Should I put a single entry for my /48 allocation or 16 /64 entries for
the nets I am currently using?

Does it make any difference for performance?  Any other concerns? The
192.168 nets I use I have a /24 specified though typically I am only
using the lower /26.

In theory, no one out there can 'take over' my unused space without
action by my ISP (which some time in the future if they start running
out of IPv6 prefixes for their customers they might ask for some back).

Oh, and examples I am finding for specific addresses show v4 addresses
plain like:

127.0.0.1;  10.5.4.5;

But with a /128 'prefix' for v6 addresses:

::1/128 ; 2001:0db8:100::4/128;

Is what you do for specific addresses?