allow-query and views

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Feb 21 13:59:21 UTC 2013

I am reading: https://www.isc.org/software/bind/faq and 'What has
changed in the behavior of "allow-recursion" and "allow-query-cache" '.

I am struggling here trying to match up the various access control
features, particularly when we are suppose to have different views for
different clients.

So for my internal view where I:

     match-clients        { httnets; };
     match-destinations    { httnets; };
     recursion yes;
     allow-query        { httnets; };

Do I also add

     allow-query-cache        { httnets; };

???

And for the external view where:

     match-clients        { any; };
     match-destinations    { any; };
     allow-query        { any; };
     recursion no;

Do I add:

     allow-query-cache        { localhost; };

???  Supposedly localhost will fall into the internal view (along with
httnet), so nothing should be querying cache?