Stop of logging of No Valid Signature Found

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Tue Feb 26 01:38:56 UTC 2013

In message <512C1009.4060404 at htt-consult.com>, Robert Moskowitz writes:
> >> digging back in the archive here, I find out this should be
> >>
> >>       dnssec-validation auto;
> > Actually it can be either.  It's all a matter of how you want to
> > setup your trust anchors.  For private root zones it is absolutely
> > the wrong thing to do.
>
> I got this from some old messages from you on the subject of "no valid
> signature".
>
> Perhaps tieing into my using the builtin root hints rather than
> explicitly including a root.hint stub?
>
> Like the other person, once I changed from 'yes' to 'auto' I stopped
> logging these messages so I ASSuME that now all those zones are being
> validated.
>
> No private root zones here.  At least that I know of!

dnssec-validation auto; adds a implicit managed-keys clause for the
root.  If you just do dnssec-validation yes; you need to add a
explict trusted-keys / managed-keys clause.

managed-keys {
        . initial-key 257 3 8 "AwEAAagAIKlVZrpC6Ia7gEzahOR+9W29euxhJhVVLOyQbSEW0O8gcCjFFVQUTf6v58fLjwBd0YI0EzrAcQqBGCzh/RStIoO8g0NfnfL2MTJRkxoXbfDaUeVPQuYEhg37NZWAJQ9VnMVDxP/VHL496M/QZxkjf5/Efucp2gaDX6RS6CXpoY68LsvPVjR0ZSwzz1apAzvN9dlzEheX7ICJBBtuA6G3LQpzW5hOA2hzCTMjJPJ8LbqF6dsV6DoBQzgul0sGIcGOYl7OyQdXfZ57relSQageu+ipAdTTJ25AsRTAoub8ONGcLmqrAmRLKBP1dfwhYB4N7knNnulqQxA+Uk1ihz0=";
};

If you have islands of trust you will need to have managed/trusted
keys for them.  It is also a good idea to have managed/trusted keys
for your internal zones so you are not dependent on external zones
for internal lookups when your internet connection goes down.

Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka at isc.org