disabling lame server logging

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Feb 26 14:37:08 UTC 2013

On 26/02/13 14:31, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

> On 02/26/2013 09:25 AM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

>>> Look at the query logs?
>>
>> I suspect I do not have any query logs.  Where are they, typically.
>> How are they controled (logging commands)?
>
> OK.   I found the 'rndc querylog' command.

Yes. Note that you can enable this by default in the "options"
statement. This is all pretty well documented and easy to find in the ARM...

> Boy is my mailserver hitting me up with repeated queries!  I should
> probably be running a namecaching server on it to stop this resource hit?

Shrug. It depends on your config, load and so forth. There's no right
answer to that sort of question.

We do run caching resolvers on our MX/outbound relays. You can still
forward such to your main resolvers.