disabling lame server logging

Cathy Almond cathya at isc.org
Wed Feb 27 09:15:29 UTC 2013

On 26/02/13 21:34, Bryan Harris wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> On Feb 26, 2013, at 2:23 PM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:

>>> There is a logging category for lame-servers. It's in the ARM.
>>
>> So far 2 reads and I am not getting out of it what to do for selective logging based on return codes.  I am going to let it stay for now as I move on to other parts of this project.
>
> Perhaps you want something outside of bind; e.g. The rsyslog software can exclude/filter based on regex. Just a thought.
>
> Bryan

It may not do quite what you want - but have a look at the query-errors
logging category.

To use it, you need run named with a debug level of 1 or higher, so
you'll need to look at configuring more granular logging overall so that
you don't get that level of logging from other categories too (unless
you'd like to collect that anyway) and you might prefer to log this
category to a separate file.

Anyway - all documented in the ARM which you can find in your
distribution source code tarball, or for the most recent ARMs - here:
https://kb.isc.org/category/116/0/10/Software-Products/BIND9/Documentation/

Cathy