Distribute named.conf

Joerg Stephan johe.stephan at ymail.com
Thu Jan 3 11:06:37 UTC 2013

Hi all,

we are currently using PowerDNS on our 12 Nameservers. Now we are thinking about a migration to bind.

So we are seeking a way to distribute the named.conf.x for the several zonfiles. Currently this is solved by powerdns via mysql replication. Is there any tool in bind we could use. Generating the conf file and syncing via ssh/rsync is discussed on our side, and we hoped that there is a "nicer" way.

Many registrys are testing the dns server if the zone is available during the registration. Genrating the new files via cron would cause the registration to fail.

Regards

Jörg