How to Limit DNS Request per ip source ?

Gaurav Kansal gaurav.kansal at nic.in
Mon Jan 14 13:06:44 UTC 2013

Dear All,

I want to limit the dns request per ip source through iptables.

I tried the following commands, but unfortunately didn't succeed.

-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -m udp -p udp --dport 53 -m state --state NEW -m
recent --set --name DNSQF --rsource

-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -m udp -p udp --dport 53 -m state --state NEW -m
recent --update --seconds 60 --hitcount 5 --name DNSQF --rsource -j DROP

If anyone is using iptables for limiting DNS Query per IP, then pl. help me
out.

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav Kansal

Mob - 9910118448