jabber.isc.org

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon Jan 21 15:17:40 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 05:09:16PM +0200,
 Georg Kahest <georg.kahest at internet.ee> wrote
 a message of 20 lines which said:

> I'm failing to understand how i should configure my xmpp client (
> pidgin ) without user credentials. Without entering
> username/password i can't add the account, and with
> username/password i get failed auth.

1) Choose a XMPP provider. I would recommend Google Talk (gratis, very
reliable) since this is the one I use. If you don't like/use Google,
jabber.org offers a gratis service, too. If your organization is an
OARC member, there is also an OARC XMPP server.

2) Configure the XMPP client with the parameters of *your*
provider. If it is Google Talk, these are your Google username and
password.

3) Direct your XMPP client to bind10 at conference.jabber.isc.org