Reverse address entries

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Mon Jul 1 13:14:10 UTC 2013

On 01.07.13 14:11, Sam Wilson wrote:
>OK.  So what Mr. Swiger refers to is not relevant - it's no reason to
>add PTR records.

Yes, it is.

"Various software performs what's called a double-reverse lookup to confirm
that the A and PTR records match."

It means that various software checks your PTR and then A (or maybe
AAAA) records, and can fail if eny of them is not found ot rhe latter result
doesn't match the original IP address.

Now that IS a reason to add PTR for IP address, and they must point to
hostnames that point to the same IP.

Christian Science Programming: "Let God Debug It!".