BIND caches ENUM NAPTR records irrespective of TTL 0

Ramprakash V v_ramprakash at rediffmail.com
Fri Jul 12 09:26:43 UTC 2013

Hi,

 I am using BIND 9.6 to enable my application to act as a ENUM server.
The ENUM server performs routing and responds to ENUM NAPTR records.

The NAPTR responses are sent with a TTL zero without any authority
section. When I trigger a ENUM NAPTR load(using dig) with same digits, I
 could see some of the responses are not forwarded to the application
for routing, instead handled by the BIND stack on its own.

The same behavior is not seen when the digits are different in a
load, wherein the requests are all forwarded to the application for
routing.

Is there any option available in BIND to enable the traffic to be
forwarded always to the application? I tried setting the options
max-cache-ttl and max-cache-size to zero, but didn't help. Any
suggestions on this would be appreciated.
regards,
Ramprakash