resolving-problem

Steven Carr sjcarr at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 13:46:46 UTC 2013

On 21 July 2013 14:24, Teerapatr Kittiratanachai <terapatr0 at hotmail.com>wrote:

> As I had resolve the IP address, the "212.71.32.19" which has configured
> is point to "ns1.nesma.net.sa".
> That seem that the DNS Server will listen only on itself, i think that the
> configuration file also came from the `ns1` too. I'm not sure about this.
> Can you explain me for further knowledge if I got the misunderstanding.

BIND can only ever listen on an IP address that belongs to the name server.

http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/ch7/hkpng.html#listen-on
listen-on defines the port and IP address(es) on which BIND will listen for
incoming queries. The default is port 53 on all server interfaces. Multiple
listen-on statements are allowed.

I think what you are confusing it with is the allow-query statement which
specifies who is allowed to query your name server.

Steve