Can I change the zone file from command line?

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Wed Jul 24 09:50:52 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 02:30:49PM -0400,
 Kevin Darcy <kcd at chrysler.com> wrote
 a message of 565 lines which said:

> When you dial a telephone number, do you worry that your dialing may
> have "consequences" against telephone numbers that you *didn't*
> dial? Seems very unlikely.

OK, but switching from a static zone to a dynamically provisioned one
*has* consequences (modification of the BIND configuration, may be a
change in permissions of the directories, etc). I agree it is probably
The Right Way here but it does not mean it has zero consequences.