Troubleshooting DNSSEC issue w/ ic.fbi.gov

Ray Van Dolson rvandolson at esri.com
Mon Jul 29 15:28:10 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 10:25:21AM -0500, Brad Bendily wrote:
> Hi Ray,
> Did you ever get a resolution on this?
> We have had intermittent trouble getting to:
> www.nws.noaa.gov sites and the fix has been a full restart
> of the named service. I wasn't really sure how or where to
> start troubleshooting but when I saw this email I was hopeful
> there would be a fix.
>
> As someone indicated, it appears to be a problem with all .gov sites.
> Has anyone confirmed if this has been fixed?
>
> Thanks
> BB

Resolution of ic.fbi.gov still only works for us if we disable DNSSEC
validation.  I had numerous offline replies indicating that the issue
had been passed on to DNS administrators, but have no one I'm directly
communicating with at the FBI to check status.

It sounds like your issue may be slightly different?  I also haven't
had issues with DNSSEC (yet) and other .gov domains.

Ray