Updated to bind 9.9.3-P2

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Tue Jul 30 22:37:46 UTC 2013

On 07/30/2013 02:49 PM, Lawrence K. Chen, P.Eng. wrote:
>  From 9.9.2-P2...I had build 9.9.3, but just as I was about to deploy came the announcement to either go to 9.9.3-P1 or stay with 9.9.2-P2.
>
> All the picky messages of this version....

You had a lot of issues in your message. IMO they make it clear that you
can benefit from the better testing provided by the latest version
(which is 9.9.3-P2, btw). You will definitely be better off fixing those
errors. You can compile the latest version before installing it, and use
the named-compilezone and named-checkzone from the newer version before
you complete the upgrade process.

Regarding your DNSSEC problems, you should really consider the
auto-dnssec maintain option, which will prevent the need for your
homegrown automated system (which apparently has issues), and is one of
the chief benefits of the 9.9 branch.

hope this helps,

Doug