any requests

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Sun Jun 2 21:38:53 UTC 2013

On 02.06.13 20:28, hugo hugoo wrote:
>Can anyone explain me the purpose of ANY requests sent to cache dns servers?

their point is to give every available information for the given domain.

>I plan to block these kind of requests on the dns cache servers in order to
> avoid any amplification attack.

Don't do that. The main usage it for debugging your servers.  Alko, only
your clients should be allowed to query your cache servers - does anyone
attack your clients?

>But I was wondering if complaints can come if I do such limitation.

hard to say, but as I stated before: don't do that.
Nothing is fool-proof to a talented fool.