any requests

Chris Buxton clists at buxtonfamily.us
Tue Jun 4 00:47:50 UTC 2013

If you have mail relays acting this way, you'd better give them a dedicated DNS server to use for recursive lookups, because otherwise that's going to periodically fail.

If a host has both an MX record and an A record, and if the A record is in cache, the ANY lookup will just get the A record, not the MX record. And that represents a failure of the SMTP protocol implementation.

Chris Buxton