listen-to clusterIP address

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Jun 5 09:57:22 UTC 2013

On 05/06/13 20:06, paul wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply. rndc reconfig has the same problem as a
> restart. I need to automatically listen to the new ip address without
> manual intervention.

"rndc reconfig" need not be manual - surely your cluster software can
execute a script on IP failover?

Anyway, as you've spotted, lowering the listen interval can emulate
this. Personally I'd want bind to respond a bit quicker than 0-60
seconds when a failover occurs.

The other alternative under Linux would be a long-running process
listening to a netlink socket for address changes and exec'ing a
reconfig. I wonder if there is such a beast?