DNS Amplification Attacks... and a trivial proposal

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Fri Jun 14 02:50:44 UTC 2013

In message <20130614022305.72272.qmail at joyce.lan>,
"John Levine" <johnl at iecc.com> wrote:

>>>The real solution is BCP 38...
>>
>>I agree completely John.  I cannot do otherwise.  But I have to ask the
>>obvious elephant-in-the-room question... How is that comming along so far?
>
>Based on discussions I've had with people who work at large networks
>and in policy positions in various governments (not all in the US), a
>lot faster than it it was even a few months ago.

Great!  That is very encouraging news John.

So, may I infer that rather than being put off until the end of the
century, which seemed to be the previous implementation timeline,
pervasive implementation of BCP 38 may now be expected at around the
time that 32-bit UNIX clocks are anticipated to wrap-around to negative?

Gee.  I can't wait!  (And I mean that literally. I personally do not
anticipate that I will still have a functioning curculatory system to
call my own as of that time.)

Regards,
rfg