bind 2.1a3 on centos 6.4

Brian Cuttler brian at wadsworth.org
Mon Jun 24 17:09:38 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 09:40:36AM -0700, Chris Buxton wrote:
> On Jun 22, 2013, at 12:50 PM, "Lawrence K. Chen, P.Eng." <lkchen at ksu.edu> wrote:
>
> > Or don't use nslint?
>
> +1
>
> Use 'named-checkconf -z' instead. Or run it without '-z', and then use 'named-checkzone' against each zone file, with suitable options to tweak the tests to meet your needs.

Chris,

Used that a bit on one of my Solaris boxes, I recall it was very
handy for pinning down a syntax issue I had and couldn't find, but
I didn't discover a way to use it check for A/PTR record pairs.

Did I miss that?

Actually, we have a utility written here (Thank you Dave) that
will read in the database for my test server, and DIG those
records in both servers, and then do the same with the database
for my production server. Giving me any differences. But this also
does not check A/PTR pairs, check for illegal characters "_" etc.

Oh - the purpose of having a test server for the database is because
we've accidently dropped zones by causing syntax errors, by the time
we've run our checks we know we are passing valid zone files or
only desired changes to named.conf to our production level server.

   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler at wadsworth.org