sockmgr 1005a1080: unexpected POLL timeout

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Fri Jun 28 15:43:34 UTC 2013

I have a recent build of BIND 9.9.3-P1 and after bringing up the service on a
Solaris 10 server I begin to see many log entries like so :

28-Jun-2013 15:41:17.636 sockmgr 1005a1080: unexpected POLL timeout

I don't know what this is and am mildly concerned.  Is this evidence of a config
problem or a compile problem or ?  Really I have not seen this before and there
are roughly 5000 such entries in my log thus far today.

Dennis