architecture question

Steven Carr sjcarr at gmail.com
Wed May 8 17:20:22 UTC 2013

On 8 May 2013 18:09,  <WBrown at e1b.org> wrote:
> This just came up with a site I support.  Thanks to this list and the
> DNS-OARC list, I know better. Hopefully, I can redirect them to use
> something below their real domain for Active Directory such as
> ad.example.org.

FWIW: MS now advises not to use .local for internal AD anymore. They
suggest you use your owned/registered namespace to prevent domain
collisions.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909264
Generally, we recommend that you register DNS names for internal and
external namespaces with an Internet registrar... Registering your DNS
name with an Internet registrar may help prevent a name collision.