BIND Configuration

Lawrence K. Chen, P.Eng. lkchen at ksu.edu
Wed May 8 20:38:25 UTC 2013

That's kind of how we do our DR...

I have things scripted so that every update to our zone, results two versions of the zone file...the master server signs the first one and does its usual notifies, then the master signs the second and its scp'd to secondaries in another network.

In the event we lose our connectivity....we can direct the remote slave to take over with with the alternate signed zone file.  So that our main web presence will resolve to servers at our DR site.....which we don't yet have :)