BIND Configuration

Ward, Mike S mward at SSFCU.org
Thu May 9 13:55:58 UTC 2013

Sounds like they are using BGP for routing. That's probably the way we are going to go. That way we don't have to make any crazy changes in our bind configurations. Thanks all for the replies.

-----Original Message-----
From: bind-users-bounces+mward=ssfcu.org at lists.isc.org [mailto:bind-users-bounces+mward=ssfcu.org at lists.isc.org] On Behalf Of WBrown at e1b.org
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2013 7:17 AM
To: bind-users at lists.isc.org
Subject: Re: BIND Configuration

I don't know how it's done, I'm not a networking guru, but here we have 2 upstream providers and somehow we route out through both, and both can route in to our /16 network.  No messing with DNS changes depending on which ISP is having problems,

As Clarke's third law states, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

Bill

Confidentiality Notice:
This electronic message and any attachments may contain confidential or privileged information, and is intended only for the individual or entity identified above as the addressee. If you are not the addressee (or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the addressee), or if this message has been addressed to you in error, you are hereby notified that you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of this message or any attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail or telephone and delete this message from your system.