architecture question

Dave Warren davew at hireahit.com
Fri May 10 05:18:43 UTC 2013

On 2013-05-08 11:13, btb wrote:
> it's also mildly humorous that they used to quite religiously endorse
> .local, in some documents even categorizing use of the same domain
> name on an internal and external network as a "security risk".

Keep in mind that this was before ubiquitous, always-on TCP/IP was the
norm. It was coming, but we weren't there yet and Microsoft was still
catching up.

I still think that a reserved-for-local-LAN-TLD use might not be a bad
idea, similar to how we have private network IP addresses for cases
where there is internal resistance to using a real domain.

--
Dave Warren
http://www.hireahit.com/