Help on NXDOMAIN to try next forwarder in the list

sumsum 2000 sum2hike at gmail.com
Thu May 30 09:30:08 UTC 2013

Hi,
This is a non-standard behavior and  I would like to have the following:
In the case where I am working on,
 /etc/resolv.conf  contains localhost 127.0.0.1  and BIND is listening on
localhost port 53 as non-authoritative DNS

So all the requests are sent through 127.0.0.1 and based on the domain they
are in forward only mode.

There are specific domains for eg mygeo1.mycompany.com. There are specific
authoritative  DNS servers which contain this record.
mygeo1.mycompany.com  is forwarded to myDNS1.mycompany.com,
myDNS2.mycompany.com, myDNS3.mycompany.com which are specific authoritative
DNS servers to mycompany.com But administrator does not know which one has
it
The option is to change BIND code to have this behavior. I  wanted to check
if there is some patch/way to get this done.
Thanks
Sum2hike