Is SpamHaus Feed for RPZ is free or subscription based?

Dave Warren davew at hireahit.com
Wed Nov 6 21:25:38 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-06 06:08, Steven Carr wrote:
> On 6 November 2013 11:19, Dave Warren <davew at hireahit.com> wrote:
>> Perhaps you can point out where on that page RPZ is mentioned?
> The Spamhaus news article announcing the "beta" RPZ service
> (http://www.spamhaus.org/news/article/669/) indicates that the
> Spamhaus DBL is being repurposed as an RPZ data feed. There is nothing
> else on the Spamhaus website regarding RPZ, and since it's using the
> DBL as it's basis the logical assumption is the same "licensing"
> applies (unless anyone from Spamhaus wants to correct matters).

You're right, if you want to make assumptions based on years-old reports
of a new service entering beta and assume that it might be licensed
similarly to other services which are designed and distributed totally
differently, then it's "explained clearly on their website"

In the real world though, while I suspect you're correct, it's far from
"explained" "clearly" or "on their website"

--
Dave Warren
http://www.hireahit.com/