Host spans Multi-Domains

Davis, Donald W Donald.Davis at unisys.com
Wed Nov 20 23:57:45 UTC 2013

I'm looking for some help with the following configuration.

I have a request to add aliases for a server so that it can resolve in two different subdomains.

I have a server "red" that is running some McAfee software and is used to scan servers in multiple sub-domains.

Example:  red.aa.bb.com   -and-   red.zz.bb.com

This server needs to resolve to different IP address (multiple NICs) depending upon the domain of the resolver.

I'm thinking an A record in each domain plus an alias or CNAME for the other sub-domain.

Do I need the aliases, CNAMEs, or both?

Zone: aa.bb.com

red         A                             10.11.12.13

                A                             10.11.99.13

Zone: zz.bb.com

red         A                             10.11.99.13

                A                             10.11.12.13

Thanks,

Don Davis