script - automatic change A record

Brian Cuttler brian at wadsworth.org
Mon Nov 25 14:18:06 UTC 2013

I think you want to be using MX records, rather than A records
to point to your mailhost systems, those records allow you to
specify a priority, the higher priory system (I believe the
lower numeric value, but look it up) getting the mail if available,
else working through the list of available mailservers.

I have scripts that will pretty much do what you are looking for
(hint, SED, template zone file run through # sed) but I think that
doing so would be completely unnecessary for you.