Install DNS Server

Sten Carlsen stenc at s-carlsen.dk
Thu Oct 10 10:38:16 UTC 2013

Hi

I do that and more on an ATOM machine with 2GB RAM. I use Postfix
instead of qmail but see no reason qmail would not work.

I installed all the relevant RPMs, configured them and it works.

One thing to remember is that you need two or more DNS servers, I do
that by being a stealth master with several slaves on my 3rd party provider.

On 10/10/13 12.27, Chandran Manikandan wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am running Centos 5.7 32 bit server machine.
> I have installed and successfully run qmail,web,ftp with the same machine.
> Now am DNS hosting with third party. I would like to install and keep
> DNS hosting myself.
> How to do that , How to install Dns server with the same machine or
> different machine as well what is the complete procedure and steps.
>
> Any one help me.
>
> --
> *Thanks,*
> *Manikandan.C*