TXT Record Format with multiple records?

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 05:41:26 UTC 2013

> plugh.example TXT "foo" "bar"

Thanks John.

So I'm clear: (1) there is only one TXT record per host; (2) multiple
TXT records are not allowed; and (3) the individual character strings
are delimited with the quote character.

Related: is there an escape character so a quote can be present in the
character-string?

Related: is the single quote also accetped? What happens if the string
is "Knuth said, 'random numbers should not be generated with a method
chosen at random.'"

Finally, is there a standard document that calls the convention out?

Please forgive my ignorance, and sorry about all the details. I have
not been able to find a detailed specification.

Jeff