Performance Tuning RHEL 5 and Bind

brett smith brett.s9999 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 03:08:05 UTC 2013

OK I have the source of the problem now I just need an elegant way to
fix it and most cost ( Network TCP ) effective way to fix it

The Windows Domain is responsible for X.internal.example.com and I am
presently forwarding  X.internal.example.com to their nameservers DC,
resulting in TCP queries. Which is dragging the cache server down when
PC's query for records off of [NAME].internal.example.com. I don't
mind not caching X.internal.example.com so can I create an NS record
or an stub entry that points the PC's else where rather than
forwarding them or caching them?

Thank You,
Brett