use bind 9.8 as caching server and authoritative nameserver

Niall O'Reilly niall.oreilly at ucd.ie
Wed Oct 30 10:16:26 UTC 2013

On 28 Oct 2013, at 13:10, bind-check at telenet.be wrote:

> Recently our government obligated all ISP's to block access to child-porn, illegal betting sites, illegal file share sites etc...
> I have been asked now to implement this on our caching DNS servers (serve a custom zone to all of our customers that points to an IP from the government that hosts a block-page)

	You probably understand that this approach is of limited effectiveness,
	and has arguably significant disadvantages.

	It may be of interest for you to read the report mentioned at either of
	the following URIs (in French, English respectively).

http://www.afnic.fr/fr/l-afnic-en-bref/actualites/actualites-generales/6573/show/le-conseil-scientifique-de-l-afnic-partage-sur-le-filtrage-internet-par-dns.html
http://www.afnic.fr/en/about-afnic/news/general-news/6584/show/the-afnic-scientific-council-shares-its-report-on-dns-based-internet-filtering.html

	Best regards,

	Niall O'Reilly
	Member of AFNIC's Conseil Scientifique

  PS.	I wan't a significant contributor to this report.
	Credit for that belongs to the colleagues who did the work. /Niall