weird perfmonce BIND version 9.6

Brian Cuttler brian at wadsworth.org
Wed Sep 25 19:23:41 UTC 2013

Matus,

I don't know if its related or not, but today we found that one
of our internal DNS servers was not providing results for clients
withing the domain, results we knew the server had because we could
login into it and query the same information successfully.

In our switch from BIND 8.3.3 to 9.8.2 we failed to add the now
necessary statements.

recursion yes;
allow-recursion { any; };
allow-query     { any; };
allow-query-cache { any; };

I realize your problem may be entirely different.