One zone in 2 views

Michael Ludvig mludvig at logix.net.nz
Thu Sep 26 06:37:30 UTC 2013

Hi

I've got two nameservers (ns1 master, ns2 slave) each with 2 views
(internal, external) and a number of zones.

At the moment I'm serving all zones to internal view but would like to
have some zones served to external clients as well.

I've got two questions:

1) If I have different example.com in internal and external view on ns1
(master) can I mirror them both to ns2's internal and external views?
Right now I can only do the internal and have no idea how to mirror the
external to ns2. Is it possible at all?

2) I've got pub.example.com that should be the same in internal and
external view. We automatically update this zone with nsupdate.
The slave (ns2) can see the master's internal view and mirrors the zone,
so I guess I can mirror it in the internal view and somehow make the
same zone-file available in ns2's external view. How do I do that?
Should it have a "type master" (but it's not a master) or slave (it's
not being axfr'ed in the external view though).

Thanks!

Michael