What means -EDC in bind9 logs ?

Carsten Strotmann cas at strotmann.de
Thu Apr 24 09:35:18 UTC 2014

 Jean-François Leroux <leroux.jeanfrancois at gmail.com> writes:
 > Hi,
 > must be a stupid question but I hadn't noticed before that some
 > queries in my server are labelled like that
 >
 > query .... IN A -ED (or EDC, or EC)
 >
 > What does this mean ?
 you'll find the documentation for query-log entries in the BIND
 Administrators Reference Manual (ARM), search for "The category phrase".
 "-" : query received was an iterative query (no-recursion, RD flag
 clear)
 "E" : query indicated support for EDNS0 on the sender side
 "D" : query had "DO" flag (DNSSEC OK) set, sender understands DNSSEC
 "C" : query had "CD" flag set (DNSSEC checking disabled), requestor
 wants to see all DNSSEC data, even if it does not validate
 Best regards
 Carsten
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 11:35:00 +0200