How to setup a backup NameServer?

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Tue Apr 29 11:48:52 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 11:49:49AM +0100, Niall O'Reilly wrote:
> At Tue, 29 Apr 2014 10:24:58 +0000,
> houguanghua wrote:
> > Yes, I had asked the same question months ago.
> > I'm designing how to protect DNS for an ISP. The zones are not
> > owned by the ISP. The ISP wants to proect the DNS query during
> > attacking. So it's not standard DNS solution. During the
> > attacking, the backup server will provide the DNS query and it
> > works even if it can't refresh zones from primary NS.

1.
>   Which (or how many) zones do you expect your backup server
>   to work for?
                (and why these zones in particular?)

2. Do you have zone transfer access for these zones?
3. How will you detect the attack and switch over to this "backup
   server"?

You're asking for features which do not exist, and are unlikely to be
in high demand. You're probably going to have to do/hire some custom
programming, or else rethink the solution. I suspect the latter is
your best bet.
--
  http://rob0.nodns4.us/