Zone transfer doesn't work when I set allow-update statement

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Tue Apr 29 13:08:15 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 09:50:11AM -0300, Jeronimo L. Cabral wrote:
> Please the last question: can I dynamically update a zone and
> -when necessary- make a freeze, manually add/delete records, and
> after that make a thaw to continue with the dynamic update????
> In other words, a mix betwwen dynamic and manually update.

That's precisely what freeze/thaw is for.

Do note, however, that you lose the zone's history (which is
necessary for IXFR, and perhaps a matter of interest otherwise)
when you do this. My suggestion is that you learn to be more
comfortable with nsupdate procedures, and stop using freeze/thaw.

--
  http://rob0.nodns4.us/