How to debug BIND

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Mon Dec 1 10:49:07 UTC 2014

Kaouthar Chetioui <kaoutharchetioui at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't find any name of source file (like message.c or name.c) or name of
> function in this log file, so I can't understand excatly the process of
> resolution for dig command.

The log module gives you a rough idea of which part of the system emitted
the log message. I often find I have to grep the source to find the exact
place, which is a bit tiresome especially because messages are often split
across multiple lines in the code.

Tony.
Southeast Iceland: Southwesterly severe gale 9 or storm 10, decreasing 6 to
gale 8. High becoming very rough. Squally wintry showers. Good, occasionally
poor.